Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wee Hour Dreams Turn Out True !

Finding me reclining unwary that frightful night, the sleep had overpowered me.
Was it a sleep or was I half awake when in a world different and dreadful found I myself !

The two figures with faces so dreadful and spear like tools matching their look suddenly appeared.
Had they come, as they avered, to carry the command of their master, the lord of Death.

‘‘Move away,’’ Cried I to them as fearful they looked, “Why ye have so appalling a form ?”
 “To those whose life is full of sins, surfeit and inhuman deeds, do we come in the form same”, thus  answered they.


“But to the virtuous man for the sake of humanity who lived, look we so enchanting and suave.
  Full is your life with sins we had but to come in the form most frightening,”  grumbled the duo.


So to take lifebreath out of me had the ugliest figures come, this now I had realized. 
Poking and whisking with their spear like tools, the pain untellable they gave to me.


Counting, recounting and reminding my sins, utter torment they poured on me.
 Reaching at the acme of pain and torture, hurled they me into the world another.


Before me  now  was a kingly face with the crown so fascinating adored he on his head. 
But soon those two detestable figures turned up again with same the face same the tools.


"Carrying your command this sinner we brought out of life to you,” said they in unison so harsh. 
And begin  now  theyto sing and recount my sins which outnumbered the virtues had I done.


“You are damned,” Pronounced the Death with the voice robust, “ Hurl him into the Dungeon".
Getting thus the decree from the Master, the two figures rushed forward to obey and fling me.


But startled  woke I up by the voice of my wife as she was there with a cup of tea. 
Hugged and clasped I her and thanked for saving me from those callous hands so unkind.


While sip by sip took I tea with mind elsewhere aghast and shocked.
Was it a dream or was I half awake !
Might it come true as had I had it in the wee hours of morning !

13 comments:

  1. .

    Indeed you were half awake as the happenings around you were taking shape in your dream.

    But it is better to forget the scary dreams.

    thanks for nicely written piece .

    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, we all have a view of the good and the bad. The hell and heaven, the day of reckoning. A nice description of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well crafted. Do you have children? maybe they were the ones haunting you!! lol

    http://jessicasjapes.wordpress.com/2010/12/27/stocking-filler/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normal, it will go away after certain period..
    lovely entry,
    Thanks for the treat.
    Happy New Year!

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely written lesson.

    Guilt of misdeeds is inseparable from the thought process.
    It is a good lesson for the mankind to abstain from selfish oriented acts harming society in general.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog and following me. Joined you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NAYA SAAL 2011 CARD 4 U
    _________
    @(________(@
    @(________(@
    please open it

    @=======@
    /”**I**”/
    / “MISS” /
    / “*U.*” /
    @======@
    “LOVE”
    “*IS*”
    ”LIFE”
    @======@
    / “LIFE” /
    / “*IS*” /
    / “ROSE” /
    @======@
    “ROSE”
    “**IS**”
    “beautifl”
    @=======@
    /”beautifl”/
    / “**IS**”/
    / “*YOU*” /
    @======@

    Yad Rakhna mai ne sub se Pehle ap ko Naya Saal Card k sath Wish ki ha….
    मेरी नई पोस्ट पर आपका स्वागत है !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting me. As the world is created in our minds, we may leave behind such frightening visions...hope you never see those visitors again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely story.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. A silver lining while the majority goes with the shayar who wrote:

    kaaba ki taraf door se sijda kar loon
    ya deher ka akhri nazzara kar loon
    kuchh der ki mehmaan hai jaati duniya
    ik aur gunaah kar loon ki tauba kar loon

    ReplyDelete